Fridays in the Fall | 6:30-8:30 pm | The Well
IGNITESpring 2019 | Hampton Cove Campus
Every other year Cove offers a 43 hour spiritual formation middle school retreat!
IGNITE is a spiritual growth weekend that involves most of our church family. Parents of students are invited and encouraged to partner and serve with us to help our middle school students learn about, and experience the love of God. This weekend always leaves a strong impression on our students, both high school and middle school, because it shows them how much God loves them through the church body. C-Groups, individuals and families may support the retreat by donating their time or providing supplies. Donations to support the weekend are also appreciated. All programming happens on campus, and our High School students facilitate the weekend.
Whether your child has been active at Cove or not, they are invited to this weekend. Everyone is invited to experience the love of God and find out how much God has to say. The event is especially for Middle School students, led by High School students and adult mentors. We hope every student involved in our church in any way will take advantage of this excellent opportunity.
The weekend is a grand celebration of God’s love and is designed to include as much of the Cove family as possible:
- High School students work with small groups of middle school students, lead worship, share their faith and give leadership throughout the weekend
- Parents share gifts of love and presence, attend the Prayer Service and provide leadership
- Student Ministry Leaders provide overall leadership, direction and supervision of the weekend
- C-Groups and members of the church family provide prayer support, snacks, gifts or sponsorship
- Clergy help with teaching and mentoring and to be available for spiritual guidance and followup
- Individuals to serve on the team
IGNITE invites the entire Cove family to live out its Baptismal covenant of surrounding these children with a community of love and forgiveness so they may be established in the faith, and confirmed and strengthened in the way that leads to life eternal. We invite you to join us as we all discover what God has in store for us through the IGNITE weekend.